Pages

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Layout Progress - 01 December 2013

I hope everyone had a good thanksgiving, we did.

First up, I got some time to work on the layout. Since town of Bell has been on my mind and I did get a ideal of what I wanted the area to look like track wise, so I got started on that this last week.

I had previously installed two turnouts in the siding track awhile back. I added a another turnout just off the eastern most turnout on the siding. This turnout will feed two to four industries on the western side of the town crossing over the track from the existing west siding turnout.

Here are the photos of were I am today




 


 The two crossing in the last photo are a Peco 25 degree code 80 crossing (in the foreground) and a Atlas 60 degree code 80 crossing. I wish Peco would come out with more crossing choices for their code 55 line.

More to come.

  

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dwyane.

    As others commented against your previous post, it's great to see you posting again. I hope things continue to improve for you.

    I agree that it's a pity that Peco doesn't provide more choices in its C55 crossings. Nevertheless, your trackwork looks great, and I'm curious to see what you have planned for this corner (Bell).

    Incidentally, I also use those push pins for track laying, and I've taken to filing down the sides a little so they sit between the rails and push down on the ties/sleepers.

    Best wishes,
    Ron

    ReplyDelete