Pages

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Layout Progress - 13 January 2013

Today I started on the Honey Grove control panel, so I thought I try to show some step by step progress on how I make my control panels. Note: there are many way to make control panel this is just how I do it.

First up couple of prep photos from the other day



Existing control panel for old layout with front removed


Install a punch down block for switch machine control cable terminations under layout



Let start with a blank piece of .100 inch white styrene, sized for the control panel.



Drill mounting holes and trial fit to assure proper fit.


Attached art work (created in AutoCAD) to the styrene with a glue stick and transfer the hole centers with a punch.
 

After the hole centers are transfer, I draw guidelines using the center points for help when I get to the pinstripe tape step.




Drill all the holes for LED and switch machine control.



Add pinstripe tape (3M 1/16" width), Red for mainline, Blue for sidings.


Front panel mounted back, ready to electronics.


Front panel with LED and switch controls mounted.

I got started with some of the wiring today, more to come.....


No comments:

Post a Comment