Pages

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Progress - 20 October 2012

Well it has been way over a month since my last post here. Couple of things been work on first a Walther cinder ash conveyor kit for the service area.




I have also been try to build some signals or at least develop a technique to build some, here are a couple of test photos



I was having trouble with building consistent targets, so I got inspired by another modeler that is using 3D printing so here are by results for the targets





I have a number of request for the LED I used/shown above, so here the link

http://www.miniatronics.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=6_1

More to come....









4 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a great application for the 3D printing technology. Looks like you're going to have a bunch of signal's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, my first attempt at 3D printing. I got more than I need just in case I mess up a few.

      Delete
  2. Hi Dwayne

    I just received my set of Signal Heads from Shapeways. I have been going crazy trying to find LEDs to fit them. I see you conqured that problem. Would you mind telling me what you used and perhaps where you found them? Thank you. Buy the way they look real good so far!

    Gary
    Gryxter on N Scale.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gary,

      Here a link to the LED I am using for the signals, I paid a buck less per package from someone on e-bay.

      http://www.miniatronics.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=6_1

      Dwyane

      Delete