Pages

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Storage Tanks - Part I

Started the first of four storage tanks for the oil terminal. I am using a 2.5" conduit coupling for scratch building these tanks. I cut down the length of the coupling and glue on a .100" octagon styrene cap and sanded down the excess.

After destroying a etch brass stair way trying to add a spiral stairway to the tank. I gave up for etch brass caged ladder (I am planning on a different access approach on some of the other tanks). The man-way hatches are made from solid round styrene.



1 comment:

  1. Great Work !

    PVC & ABS pipe bits make great tanks. I've had good luck making the sprial stairs on tanks like these using the Plastruct stairs by removing the side rail off from one side so it will bend around the tank. Then glue the unsupported ends of the stair rungs to the tank.

    ReplyDelete