Pages

Friday, January 28, 2011

Support Structure for New N Layout

I started thinking about  how I was going to support the Layout. Last Layout I used a L-girder  to support a boxed section at the wall and Legs out at the front.

After some Internet searching, I found two site that had used the double slotted wall shelf systems with great success from what I could see, and since I have used this stuff in my storage room for a couple of years this was the way I wanted to go.

I purchase 30+ 48" length of the double slot vertical risers and start today installing.


So I decided to see this was going to work out before I got to far. Dug out a section of the old layout and set it up



Not to bad. It was a little shakey at first until I added a couple of screws thru the support bracket into the front L-girder that stabilized the section great. I plan a second L-Girder along the back too.

What I am not to sure about at this time is the height of the backdrop. The bracket presently extend about 20.5" above the layout seems a to high to me. The layout is at 52" which I like.

Going to look back at my Old Layout info and see if I noted anywhere the high of the old layout backdrop. Think I will leave this up for awhile to get a better feel, but right now I am thinking of lowering the bracket about 4 inches. The plan was not to have a valance, but maybe so like my last layout, here a couple of photos of  valance with and without fascia


No comments:

Post a Comment